With the surge of remote work, many organizations have found maintaining positive habits around transparency and collaboration to be exceedingly difficult and are looking for ways to keep employees engaged.
Since its inception, Koan was founded to improve team communication and engagement. As a bottom-up product, engagement is a core principle in fueling the flywheel for growth, and reflections are the magic of Koan. Reflections have propelled our customers to new heights by increasing transparency around work and enabling teams to connect their work to the broader organizational strategy, ultimately instilling a sense of purposeful work and maximizing team impact.
As proven by our customers time and time again, goals in Koan are more impactful and teams are most successful when they’re paired closely with reflections. As a product-led organization, we’ve been working diligently on the conceptual underpinnings of reflections to make them even more engaging and valuable for all Koan users.
This is a massive undertaking, and we’re in the process of rolling it out in phases to make sure it is optimized for our customers. We’ve started with how users read and interact with their team members' reflections, and then will follow with how users author and submit their own reflections. Rather than releasing our reimagined reflections in one big drop, we’re steadily transforming reflections step by step, with consistent, regular updates throughout the rest of the year, ensuring that Koan will continue to get better and better in perpetuity.
We’re excited to launch phase one of the reimagined reflections with the improved reading experience. Koan customers can now increase reflection engagement with the ability to inline comment, expanded reaction capabilities, and an overall improved user experience. By connecting weekly or bi-weekly reflection reading to the broader company goals and creating an engaging workflow that provides the ‘full picture’ of progress, Koan gives individuals visibility into what their teammates are working on and helps teams to start the right conversations about the activities that matter most.
Here’s a brief overview of the core product improvements that make reading reflections more engaging for all users:
- Inline comments: It’s now easier to track conversations and increase communication around goal progress. Users can comment directly beneath a line item in other users’ reflections, which helps to create intentional space for feedback and conversations. Learn more.
- Text editor: When you comment on a reflection, you’ll notice an improvement to our text editor, allowing for basic formatting functionality. We plan to expand this functionality in authoring reflections in Q4. Learn more.
- Expanded reactions: We’ve expanded our emoji picker from 6 to 3000+ emojis so that users now have inclusive options to customize reactions when reading teammates’ reflections. The wider range of diversity and representation in this emoji update brings users the fun and expressiveness they love from other platforms to Koan. Learn more.
- Faster, better, stronger - We’ve spent some time working ‘under the hood’ and improving some of Koan’s core tech stack, so as you continue working within the platform, you’ll notice that page load speeds have increased.
- Mobile optimization - Users can now easily read and engage with reading teammates reflections from their mobile device. This upgrade is fully responsive and supports both iOS and Android.
To experience Koan for free, visit koan.co.