As we announced last week, we’re excited that Gtmhub has acquired the Koan platform. While the Koan team is not part of this acquisition, we couldn’t think of better people to look after the product we’ve poured our hearts into these past three years. And us? Before announcing the shutdown, the Koan team agreed to take on a new opportunity at a great company outside the OKR space. We’re excited about this new adventure and looking forward to the new challenge ahead.
We’re fully committed to working closely with the Gtmhub team to smoothly transition the product into their care. Gtmhub is already a clear leader in the OKR / alignment space, and we expect that what’s great about Koan will help to make the Gtmhub product even stronger over time!
What does this mean for me?
Wait, what!? Do I still need to delete my account?
- Koan will not be shutting down in mid-January. Instead, Gtmhub will be fully supporting Koan customers, continuing innovation, and will gradually bring the product experiences together. We hope that you’ll continue to use Koan, but now with the renewed confidence that it’s fully backed by a market leader.
Who am I supposed to talk to now? Koan or Gtmhub?
- The Koan support team will make sure you have everything you need and transition you over to the appropriate customer contacts at Gtmhub. If you have any questions along the way, we’re happy to help.
I was a paying customer, when will I start getting charged?
- Koan Pro is free for everyone through the end of 2021, and the Free edition continues after if you’re not a paying subscriber. If you’re on a yearly subscription, you’re also fully supported, and your subscription will be extended for an additional two months for free.
If I’m a new customer, should I sign up for Koan or for Gtmhub?
- The Koan Free edition is still available and you will automatically be upgraded to the Pro tier for the remainder of 2021.
What about your support policy? How will support change with this acquisition?
- We’re committed to making sure you’re fully supported and transitioned.
What if I already signed up with a competitor? (that we suggested)
- That’s okay, but if you want to continue using Koan as you have been, the option is still available to you.
What if I don’t want to migrate to Gtmhub?
- This is a really great outcome for Koan customers, and we encourage you to give Gtmhub a shot, but if you’re unsure, please reach out to us and we can find the best transition for you.
What If I already started exporting my data?
- Sorry about that! Hopefully, it wasn’t too much of an inconvenience. All of your data will remain in the platform, and we hope you’ll continue using Koan as you regularly have been.
What will happen to the Koan product now that the platform has been acquired?
- Since Gtmhub is acquiring the product, they will have ownership over the roadmap and evolution/integration with Gtmhub.